At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago, Conshohocken, PA, New York, and Krakow, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a DevOps engineer at Shoprunner, you’ll be responsible for enabling the smooth transition of software from our product development teams to our cloud-based operating infrastructure which is currently AWS. You will also, in collaboration with our product development teams, be driving and supporting the adoption of new technologies and capabilities. You'll also be writing code, implementing configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying and maintaining software across our infrastructure.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help us evolve our service infrastructure, embracing architecture approaches such as 12 factor, microservices, and well-formed APIs to allow our architecture to scale both internally and externally.
- Help us evolve our cloud orchestration infrastructure to enable smarter scaling, more efficient cloud resource utilization and continuous integration frameworks.
- Help us evolve our production monitoring systems using third-party and open source tools.
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience in an operations role with strong public cloud experience.
- Strong background in Linux Administration.
- A working understanding of code and scripting with languages such as Python.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent.
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Cassandra or equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience working with orchestrating, managing and deploying microservices is a strong plus, using technologies such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or AWS ECS.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.