Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing systems that enable our philosophy of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) and empowering our developers to rapidly iterate our products. The role will require making tactical and strategic decisions that will improve the tools Developers use on a daily basis for programming, logging, testing, and releasing new features or products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Propose, investigate, and provide new solutions to improve the output and experiences of our developers
- Build and iterate on automation tools and frameworks for testing in our development, staging, and production environments
- Design and implement our AWS infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code solutions
- Guide our Development teams in architectural decisions and process decisions to make their teams more effective; ensuring maintainability and well-thought-out architecture
- Participate in the Agile process to ensure your team is always experimenting and improving their development and planning practices
- 5+ years of software development and/or DevOps development experience
- 3-5 years of experience maintaining a complex, product-focused DevOps pipeline
- Experience with AWS and VPC/networking
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience supporting a Continuous Deployment environment
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience using CloudFormation, SaltStack, or other configuration management frameworks
- Experience using Docker and building Docker images from scratch
- Experience with Python, Bash, or other scripting languages
- Experience with git workflows
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfortable and/or experienced in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and problem-solving attitude
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-paced, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.