DevOps Manager at Morningstar
The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Technology team within our Corporate team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar`s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: DevOps engineering plays a critical role in modern software development and engineering. It is an integral part of the software development life cycle. We are seeking a DevOps manager to join the growing Morningstar Engineering team. In this role, you will have opportunities to utilize your coding skills and automation expertise, to exercise your “soft” skills to interact and collaborate with diverse teams, and to establish best practice/guideline for application management (build/deploy) in Amazon computing cloud. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead/manage a DevOps team that provides tooling and guidelines in technology operations with a focus on CI/CD and infrastructure and application monitoring.
- Establish roadmap/vision and make plans to implement the roadmap/vision.
- Evaluate, select, and own a wide variety of technologies and tools.
- Establish and advocate for best practice in build and deploy process.
- Lead the effort to establish guideline and/or best practice for application management(build/deploy) in Amazon computing cloud.
- Write and execute build/deployment scripts/tasks.
- Set up and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, code review, etc.
- Work with multiple software development teams internationally to address issues and improve quality.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related fields is required; a master degree is preferred
- Working knowledge of build, release, and configuration management practices
- Working knowledge of modern IT Operations tools
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in software development tooling
- Knowledge about and experience with application management (build/Deploy) in Amazon Cloud is required
- Knowledge of source control tools (Git, SVN, and TFS), build/release tools (Jenkins and Nexus), engineering tools (Fisheye-Crucible, Jira, and Webload, NCover, and NUnit), and monitoring tools is a plus
- Programing experience/skills in popular languages such as Java, C#, PHP, Ruby, or PowerShell, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity