DevOps Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
As a Site Reliability/Production Support Engineer you will dive head-first into creating or applying innovative solutions and techniques that advance the reliability of our workflow product. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, visibility, availability, scalability and performance of existing software and new products. You’ll be tasked with driving efficiency through automation of manual processes, deep dive into incidents and facilitate blameless post mortems. You will drive a measure everything approach through standardized telemetry in order to drive improved alerting, decision making, analysis, error budgeting, and various optimizations. You will bring an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development methodologies such as Agile. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS degree or equivalent experience
· Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
· Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Understanding of architecture and design across heterogeneous systems
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Highly proficient in one or more general purpose programming languages, including Java
· Understanding of Agile delivery principles
· Proven experience in development/support of REST API interfaces, SQL, and Spring Boot. Experience evaluating open source and vendor products, Experience conducting hands on POCs to prove concepts/products, building distributed systems at enterprise scale, migrating applications to internal and external clouds.
· Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing.
· Experience with performance tuning of applications using various tools and techniques.
· Strong understanding of concurrency patterns, data structures and algorithms, and strong understanding of domain driven design, Microservices patterns and architectures.
· Experience with mission critical applications, and building upon messaging and or event-driven architectures. Understanding of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes. Understanding of a platform as a service offering such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.