DevOps Team Lead
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will lead our DevOps team to automate all aspects of our cloud and on premise infrastructure. Your core responsibility will be to build and maintain our infrastructure, as well as our system automation while adhering to our Infrastructure as Code philosophy. As the team lead, we expect you to facilitate your team’s work, growth, and direction. In return, we will continue to develop your professional skills and support your own career growth to set you up for success.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Grow and build cloud infrastructure as we migrate more services to the cloud
- Write tooling to help automate aspects of managing our application hosting platform
- Set architectural direction and implement infrastructure projects
- Research, implement, and share best practices for configuration management, Infrastructure as Code, and managing distributed systems
- Solve problems pertaining to application performance, stability, and deployment independently or as a team
- Maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure in a flexible and international environment
- Directly manage a small team of engineers, including their performance and workload
What you should have:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience, strong technical knowledge to apply to a DevOps organization
- Experience in Linux system administration, with a focus on automation
- Expertise with configuration management / Infrastructure as Code tools and concepts
- Familiarity running services in a self-hosted and cloud-hosted environment
- Experience managing web application systems in a reliable, redundant, and scalable fashion
- Ability to write code to solve problems and to interact with APIs
- Comfort sharing knowledge of topics and best practices across teams and other departments
About our team:
We work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Our tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian Linux. Our DevOps team works with AWS, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, VMware, and Jenkins. While experience with these specific technologies is a bonus, it is not required for the role. By automating the infrastructure, our DevOps team supports all of our services developed by our Software Engineering Team and run by our Technical Operations Team.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.