Digital Payments Application Architect at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
WHO WE ARE
Discover is more than a credit card. At its core, Discover is a software company. Our customers and Partners demand products/services that help them spend smarter and achieve a brighter financial future. These products/services are built and supported by our software teams. We have fun at work and live these values:
- One customer. The person using the product is who matters.
- Teams get it done. You won't be sitting in a corner on your own - it's a collective effort.
- Seek to understand. Listen first, ask why, and then reach a conclusion.
- Progress over perfection. Try new ideas and be comfortable with failing fast.
- No spectators. Expect to tackle tough problems and to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
People don’t solely rely on physical credit/debit cards anymore. They want next generation Digital Payment options. Digital Payment covers Mobile Wallets (e.g. ApplePay, SamsungPay, GooglePay) or during Secure Digital Checkout experiences (websites, apps, etc.). Why not join a team that is at the core of shaping the future of Payments? In this position, you will be a leader in our Digital Payments technology domain. Your talents will allow you to contribute, if not shape, our Business and Technology outcomes. Always wanted to have your change agent voice heard? We love to listen. We want you to help create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans. We need your talents to help ensure our outcomes are aligning to the needs of our Customers and Partners. Most rewarding, you will work with a variety of payment players in the world while actively contribute to the developer experience by enhancing current solution patterns and defining new ones. All cutting edge work leveraging the latest technologies in the industry.
- Provide specialized expertise and applied knowledge on technical aspects of our Discover Payment Services’ Digital Payment Technology solution (Discover Commerce Xchange (DCX), Discover Digital Exchange (DDX))
- Ensure our solution is properly addressing scalability, security, availability, and maintainability needs
- Support initiatives and operations for our key customers/partners
- Develop software deployment architectures and corresponding estimates
- Develop proof of concepts & critical software application components
- Software quality governance and team mentoring for multiple teams
- Create and review technical requirements and translate into platform enablers
- Review business requirements and assist in translating into features/user stories
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of frameworks that deliver customer value
- Enable the team to be cross-functional and autonomous
- Java / J2EE
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot)
- JSON processing and validation
- Data/Cache Technologies: Elasticsearch, Gemfire, Oracle, Maria
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (Cloud Foundry/VM/AWS/OCP)
- Variety of scripting language
Qualifications You’ll Need
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
6+ years of experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related field
In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience in our Tech Stack
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on solution architecture experience in our Tech Stack
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Servant leader
- Experience with framework and API design
- Studied architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient computer engineering principles
- Utilize and/or contribute to open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.