R&D FLARE Senior Researcher
JPMorgan Chase’s Future Lab for Applied Research and Engineering (FLARE) conducts research in cutting-edge emerging technologies, such as Quantum Computing and Communication, Cloud Computing and Networking, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), Internet of Things (IoT), Security and Privacy, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing. Our firm is seeking a passionate technologist and thought leader to perform applied research and development of novel solutions in these fields. As a key member of the FLARE R&D team, you will work closely with internal project teams, senior management, and external communities alike to advance these research focus areas in a way that is beneficial to the technical teams in the company. You will cultivate investigations into these areas, produce research solutions in collaboration with the internal project teams, and contribute to the firm’s intellectual property by producing patent applications and scholarly articles.
The Purpose of Your Role:
- To lead the conception and delivery of novel solutions to problems faced by internal project teams
- To advance the field of Quantum Computing and Communication, in the areas of algorithms and applications (such as Artificial Intelligence, Optimization and Finance) and security
- To design and implement advanced AR/VR and IoT/5G solutions integrating Security and Privacy enforcement, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing technologies
- To augment existing Cloud Computing and Networking solutions with support for multiple cloud infrastructures and seamless integration of cloud-based microservices
- To lead technical partnerships with external organizations, such as academic institutions and leading technology firms
- To contribute to JPMC’s IP by pursuing necessary protections of generated IP
- To help establishing JPMC’s reputation in the scientific field via publication of select results in prestigious venues
The Expertise We Are Looking For:
- Industrial research experience within a technology R&D organization, innovation lab, academic institution, or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, C, C++ and Java
- Experience developing external partnerships with diverse stakeholders, ranging from academia to private sector
- Experience in technical writing in a scientific or technical field, as well as grant applications or research proposals
- Working knowledge of common research evaluation frameworks and techniques
- Strong passion, awareness and familiarity with emerging technology paradigms
- Excellent written and visual presentation skills
- Ability to represent the firm externally at academic and industry conferences as well as speaking engagements
- Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Prior hands on experience as a researcher in a lab is preferred
- Familiarity and or experience in financial services is preferred
- A Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- Strong knowledge and 7+ years of work in at least one of the following disciplines: Quantum Computing and Communication, Cloud Computing and Networking, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), Internet of Things (IoT), Security and Privacy, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing.
- Up to 35% of travel across strategic hubs, external partner sites, and industry forums
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.