Director of Contact Center Technology at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Director of Contact Center Technology will oversee the vision, roadmap, budget, delivery, and operation of Discover's award winning contact center applications and platforms. This leader will work closely with partners across multiple business lines to deliver call center agent servicing platforms, IVR solutions, and telecommunications capabilities required to drive Discover's business results. They will be responsible for defining and delivering a contact center technology strategy that enables all DFS business lines to achieve aggressive growth goals. In addition, this leader will be called upon to drive automation, improve delivery efficiency, and evolve the interaction models with multiple value streams.
As a servant leader, the Director of Contact Center Technology will be responsible for coaching and mentoring senior managers to deliver outstanding solutions. This individual will be responsible for tracking key delivery and performance metrics, and leveraging them to drive continuous improvement within all aspects of delivery (people, process, and technology). This individual will also be responsible for managing relationships and driving successful results from partnerships with key third party providers, especially in the telecom space.
- Accountable for delivering on the technology vision and roadmap for Discover's key agent servicing platform, IVR, and telecom capabilities.
- Able to anticipate future contact center trends and business needs and improve speed to market of key capabilities.
- Responsible for driving and evolving automation throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Build strong relationships and manage key partnerships with external providers.
- Ensure all availability targets are met or exceeded.
- Lead department transformation to product oriented delivery model and consistent agile delivery approach.
- Responsible for managing department budget/financials.
- Establish and track key metrics to measure delivery performance and quality.
- Ensure consistent technical solutions and agile methodology adoption throughout the department.
- Frequently interface with Business Technology & business leadership to understand near and
long term needs and identify opportunities for the contact center channel to drive value and efficiency.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports to foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to achieve a strong team; and develop own technical,
coaching and leadership skills to stay in-line with industry trends.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the contact center team.
- Translate technology challenges and opportunities to key business stakeholders to ensure buy in and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to execute on deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant technology leadership, or related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal