Director, DevOps at PEAK6
We are looking for a hands-on Leader with strong Cloud Engineering and People leadership skills. You will lead a team in creating solutions that modernize the industry.
- OWN transformation of the cloud footprint
- LEAD and customize AWS platform, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Standardize Build and Release processes using modern CI/CD tools
About the Role
You will have a BIG IMPACT on the firm. Lead, manage and shape how we deploy software and have genuine opportunities to impact the firm. This is a role for someone who flourishes in a fast-paced environment, who can work with minimal direction, and has a solid understanding of cloud technologies and Kubernetes.
- Work with internal and external partners to lead and create the proper design and operation of the new platform
- Provision, configure and monitor technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise
- Ensure disaster recovery solutions are in place, tested and well documented
- Manage, lead, Inspire a productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
People management experience a must.
8+ years of Dev Ops / Site Reliability engineering experience
Working knowledge of Kubernetes in a cloud environment
Experience managing senior professionals & large scale cloud deployment (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud)
A strong sense of reliability, observability and delivering a platform that can always be counted on