Director, DevSecOps at VillageMD
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for a DevSecOps Director to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how DevSecOps Director helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
They work with our Engineering, Security and DevOps team to ensure continuous integration and automation of security. They design, implement, and manage a DevSecOps and software control environment to enable highly efficient and productive software development processes and workflows through automation and complex problem solving. They will Implement a DevSecOps pipeline to include the integration of DevSecOps pipeline components (a code repository, an artifact repository, source code analyzer, security scanning, testing tools and an orchestrated integration and delivery platform) to enable automated application building, testing, securing and deployment.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Establish a successful industry leading DevSecOps program that seamlessly integrates and automates security into Engineering and DevOps practices
- Provide leadership in the DevSecOps areas of Vulnerability Scanning, Secret and Configuration Security, Infrastructure as Code, Policy as Code, Certificate Management, Password Policy Management, Multi-cloud Security, Data Analysis of security monitoring outputs, coordination of Remediation Patching, and other daily Security and Compliance efforts.
- Lead in developing an automated security framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions.
- Define KPIs that measure the health and success of the program to report to executive leadership
- Define learning program and advocacy program
- Build and scale a team in support of the above
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD a DevSecOps Director you possess,
- Strong organizational and project management skill
- The ability to create and refine processes that are adaptable but wildly scalable
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- The ability to lead a team, give clear direction, and be flexible in approach to adapt when projects need it
Experience to drive change
- Experience leading and scaling a DevSecOps program in a healthcare technology environment.
- 10+ years of in the DevSecOps, Application Security and Security Architect space, with people management experience
- History of optimization of process and projects across functional areas
- Track record of successfully executing projects in collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.