Director of Engineering - Data
What your day could consist of:
- Build and lead a world-class data engineering team providing development, coaching, motivation, support and feedback to managers, ensuring the same for team members. Create an atmosphere of teamwork, collaboration and continuous learning.
- Define and communicate overall vision and goals for the team, consistent with company priorities and goals.
- Manage resource allocation and planning, ensuring headcount growth is proactively managed.
- Align work and set priorities for the data team, as dictated by the product roadmap.
- Lead, coach and monitor the work performed by the team to ensure goals and objectives are met and team/individual expectations are clear. Manage performance effectively.
- Stay aware of market and industry trends, ensuring knowledge transfer and awareness.
- Collaborate positively with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Participate in the decision-making process related to the selection of analytics and data tools and solutions.
- Build and maintain a strong external network and reputation within the local technology community.
- Proactively provide career pathing opportunities for team members.
- Hire and onboard great talent.
- Live and support the key company leader traits of Empowerment, Honesty/Trust, Vulnerability, Accountability, Motivating, Resilience, Awareness/Involvement and Servant Leadership.
What is needed:
- 5+ years leading scaling engineering teams, ideally data teams
- Extensive knowledge of applicable data disciplines
- Excellent communication and motivational leadership skills
- Proven ability to initiate and drive projects to delivery within a high-growth environment
- SaaS solution experience preferred
- Direct experience with Python, Java, C#, Scala, or other programming languages
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few). At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!