Director of Engineering
Founded in 2014, HealthJoy is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company on a mission to help employers and employees maximize the value of their benefits. Our platform provides members with a centralized benefits experience by combining a virtual healthcare assistant (JOY) and benefits wallet with telemedicine and concierge services. By integrating these services, members are guided to the right point of care, high-quality and low-cost physicians and facilities, and prescription savings. Additionally, JOY proactively helps members manage their health and understand the benefits they have elected.
About the Role
The Director of Engineering is responsible for steering our global engineering team to deliver Joy to our members and ultimately, confidence and satisfaction with our customers. We are seeking a leader who can match our product vision with high impact individuals who are interested in distilling simple solutions from complex healthcare concepts. Expect to be surrounded by intense, talented, and motivated people that exercise intellectual humility and curiosity on a daily basis. This position reports directly to the CEO.
What You’ll Accomplish
- HealthJoy engineering team members have a clear view of what their capabilities are and have a clear view of what (and why) they should improve.
- Our team is working on what’s most important. Understanding how to weigh new opportunities, paying off debt, finding debt, possibly developing debt, and flexing to operational needs.
- Our engineering team is in harmony with our product and sales teams. Enabling our sales team to stay ahead of the curve, but within what is possible.
- Our architecture is cutting edge, allowing us to develop and deliver features, enhancements, and data on an accelerating basis.
- Our global team is growing with amazing engineers that are looking to develop simple solutions for complex problems.
What You’ll Need
- Track record of delivering complex products on time
- You have strong opinions, but they are weakly held. You seek out and are able to synthesize new information and change prior held convictions
- Organized, Disciplined, and Process Oriented: Ability to define priorities and focus on impact. Can design the processes necessary to GSD; understands how to distill complex problems into a set of manageable issues
- Ability to grow teams processes, SDLC, and culture through different company stages
- Passion for mentoring & leading engineers from good to great and the ability to evaluate the difference
- Excellent knowledge of new technology trends and its applications for new products in the marketplace
- Ability to thrive in chaos, and understand how to rein chaos in
- Exceptional communication skills - having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams utilizing open source technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution to monthly medical premiums
- HSA with company contribution
- Stock options
- Parental leave
- Flexible PTO policy
- Laid back work environment
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly instacart orders
- Catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.