Director, Platform Architecture at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
- Collaborate with team of technology and product management leaders to drive, document and communicate the evolution of the platform strategy, technology vision & roadmap to support strategic business initiatives
- Work across dozens of engineering teams and Product Management to align global platform architecture initiatives into Product program roadmap
- Maintain a holistic view of the organization’s strategy, system architecture and integration and promote that common understanding across the technology organization
- Own processes and organizational patterns for ensuring solid design, technical decisions, and tool selection across the global enterprise.
- Communicate platform architecture principles and direction to engineering organization, product management, executive team and the broader company through presentations, training and documentation.
- Represent project44 at technical meetups, customer meetings, prospects and external conferences.
- Drive the documentation of appropriate architecture principles, standards, position papers, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Own the architecture planning for acquisition integration and rationalization across company technologies and patterns
- Oversee the development of core shared platform services
- 15 years of software development experience
- BS in CS or technical degree, preferred; MS ideal
- Large scale data platform architecture design experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge of software engineering, modern scaling data platform architectures and cloud technologies
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.