ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation on G2.com and is the 2020 Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
We are looking for a Director of Platform Engineering to lead a team of Platform and DevOps Engineers in the development and maintenance of stable, resilient, scalable production and development infrastructure. Our team follows software engineering principles to deliver platform abstractions, core shared services components and developer experience tooling which enables product engineering productivity.
We work in a high velocity, high impact environment and want to cultivate a team of bright, passionate platform engineers. We have a growing team of over 150 engineers with diverse backgrounds and our goal is to enable them to develop and deploy software quickly and promote platform engineering culture by owning key layers of the tech stack. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we want to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Define and iterate team process, focus on overall team velocity with different stakeholders, including product, design, etc.
- Plan and execute platform engineering initiatives such as multi-region, multi-cloud, service mesh adoption, monolith to microservice migrations, etc.
- Plan and execute developer experience projects which improve and standardize local engineering development.
- Effectively lead engineering teams building core shared services components like Streaming, API Gateways and quality engineering frameworks.
- Direct teams in strategizing building layers on cloud and PaaS to develop products.
- Effectively lead and manage team members to include guidance and coaching on career paths for growth, proactive performance management via JIT feedback, 1:1s/quarterly reviews, participation in the selection process for new hires, technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group, including continuous learning and improvement.
- Work with Engineering Managers to drive cultural change towards developer ownership.
- Gather and analyze feedback from engineering teams to improve team processes, developer experience and products.
- Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes and developments to ensure the team is always striving for best in class work.
What is needed:
- 5+ years as an Individual Contributor within the Platform/Software Engineer space.
- 3+ years as a technical Engineering Manager or a Director with Manager and Staff Engineering level direct reports.
- Hands on engineering and architecture leader.
- Strong leadership abilities and decision-making including excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of what is needed to build service frameworks, APIs, and a micro service architecture.
- Experience working with cloud native tools such as Kubernetes and Istio.
- A solid understanding of technology, coding, scaling, testing, and operating services, and you can contribute effectively to technical conversations.
- Experience with AWS/GCP and prior experience developing software at scale.
- Preference for Chicago based candidates but open to remote candidates who can work with teams in CST.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.