Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
You are looking for your next position as a Director, Production Engineering and you are passionate about working in the SaaS space. You have an interest in data and product monitoring and alerting. You will directory report to our CTO and manage a global team of Engineers.
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
Responsibilities: What you’ll do
- Own data and platform monitoring and alerting
- Own site reliability standards, priorities and roadmap
- Inspire and manage a global team of Site Reliability Engineers, Software Engineers and Analysts
- Drive rapid engineering response to critical software changes
- Lead incident management and communication
- Groom reliability risks including scaling and capacity planning
- Triage and respond to critical customer escalations
- Work closely with the engineering team to set expectations around critical production operations needs
Requirements: The experience you should have
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Leadership role in Engineering with a history of delivering reliable products running at large scale
- Experience managing high-performing, self-sufficient teams.
- Experienced in calm leadership responding to incidents and associated communication
- Experience with large-scale data-centric high availability cloud architecture
- Experience leading and working with a globally distributed engineering team.
- Excellent communication skills
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.