Director, Quality Engineering at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
project44 is looking for a Director, Quality Engineering with a proven track record that can bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to lead a strong Engineering team at a fast-growing tech startup. This is a senior leadership role focused on scaling the organization and practices and delivering best-in-class functionality and usability, with high quality, at a competitive velocity, managing direct reports and driving agile product delivery across multiple teams. The group includes teams that are responsible for both front-end and backend components for our Freight API SaaS service and partners closely with Product Management.
- Drive Quality Practices Across the Organization
- Champion the culture of quality delivery through engineering and product management
- Own Release Management process, oversight and quality standards enforcement
- Manage, Train and Build the Quality Engineering and Release Management organization
- Work across teams on development of test cases best practices
- Drive growth and standards of Automated Testing Practices
- Own the quality of developing code and ensure the quality of production service delivery
- Track and report on all quality metrics at team, process and production operating levels
- Degree in CS, Engineering or other technical/analytical degree, preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of management in the areas of software, quality and release management
- Strong experience in SaaS platforms
- Strong experience in continuous delivery environments
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.