604 Software Engineer Job Description
The candidate will have extensive experience in the engineering and implementation of large scale software solutions using modern technologies. This includes expertise in developing distributed systems using public cloud, microservices, events and APIs with SLOs and NFRs at the core from the beginning. This leader will work with Product, Technology, Enterprise teams and external third party technology companies to deliver exceptional products. The candidate will be a technical advisor and strategic thought leader and develop trusted partnership with various stakeholders.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience in large cloud deployments of applications with sensitive data (PII, PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Expertise and specialism in AWS areas such as Compute, Networking, Storage, Security and Analytics
- Strong knowledge in Security in public cloud and expertise in properly using IAM, KMS, Security Policies and PCI Compliant services
- Experience in Kubernetes Container Orchestration Solution
- Experience applying micro-services, event driven architecture in developing distributed systems
- Experience in CICD pipelines, DevSecOps practices and Observability implementations for large platforms
- Experience in API Management, Agile Delivery Model and Product Development Lifecycle
- Excellent collaboration skills with various stake holders such as product, tech, operations and cybersecurity specialists
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate a message with clear and concise language that is appropriate to the audience and influences toward a proposed direction.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.