Embedded Android Developer at Life Fitness
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for the performance of professional work in research, development, design, testing, analysis, production, construction, maintenance, or operation of company product lines.
- As a fully competent engineer, independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Designs and codes software with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
- Independently perform assignments, within scope of defined program, with instructions as to general results expected.
- Follows industry standard practices of conducting design reviews, code walk throughs, unit level testing, and integration testing.
- Works closely with the Software Quality Assurance team to test, troubleshoot, resolve, and release production software.
- Ensures prompt response to production and customer issues.
- Ability to work well with others, learn on the job, and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in OO software design and development teams
- 3+ years of experience with Java, preferably with Android
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and how, why, and when to apply them
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment
- Ability to learn existing architecture quickly
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
Minimum B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline