ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation on G2.com and is the 2020 Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign’s engineering team is growing rapidly and we are looking for strong engineering leadership to build and grow the team as we deliver on an exciting product roadmap.
ActiveCampaign’s tech stack is composed of PHP, Java, Python, Ember, React and AWS cloud services solutions (Aurora RDS, EKS, DynamoDB, SQS to name a few).
If you have a passion and track record for setting vision, building roadmaps, a scalable platform and motivating engineers, this is a great fit for you.
What your day could consist of:
- Serve as a strategic engineering leader and technical expert for multiple teams creating an environment where managers and engineers are empowered and supported to do their best work
- Ensure teams are maintaining rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Collaborate with engineering leadership on setting the technical vision and direction for the organization
- Drive and ensure the execution of the organization’s vision and standards around security, quality, observability and clean code
- Collaborate with principal product managers on determining team workload, projects estimates and technical approaches to deliver most impact to customers
- Ensure the timely delivery of team projects and remove any impediments as they arise
- Collaborate with other leaders across the organization to identify, leverage, and evangelize opportunities to improve productivity, reliability, quality and efficiency of the system
- Support teams as they tackle hard problems and ensure a holistic, sound technical approach is followed
- Drive a culture of innovation and curious thinking across teams
- Participate in customer escalations and customer calls, as needed, to ensure optimal resolution of current and future issues
- Ensure and deliver managers’ technical and non technical guidance and coaching on career paths in support of their growth
- Evaluate staffing needs and ensure a pipeline of talent with a focus on diversity
- Represent the technology perspective and priorities to leadership and other stakeholders by continuously communicating timeline, scope, risks and technical roadmap
What is needed:
- 10+ years of software development with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for driving engineering excellence
- Experience managing managers and multiple teams
- Solid database experience in SQL, NoSQL and event streaming technologies
- Customer focus and quality first mindset
- Experience solving challenging technical problems with a focus on throughput and fast response time
- Strong communication skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.