Engineering Manager, Android at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our fastest-growing Android Product team, which owns key initiatives on the Android Product roadmap. We are dedicated to building a delightful user experience for our line of honest financial products. We’ve doubled our Android Product engineering team in 2020 and are continuing to double in 2021.
Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for owning and building Affirm key features on Android.
- Hire and onboard talent from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members.
- Work with technical leads to help drive technical strategy.
- Establish key relationships that will help expand the scope of Affirm’s app to serve more of its business.
- Contribute to a broad set of Affirm’s product initiatives while building strong cross-functional relationships to help make those initiatives a success
- Partner with the Android Frameworks team to drive key improvements to Android engineering velocity.
- Collaborate with our iOS, Web, and Information Architecture teams to move toward consistent and unified architecture.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative team culture and inclusive work environment.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- A track record of leadership with 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.