Engineering Manager, Backend (Investor Experience) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager with a track record of leading and growing high performing engineering teams. You will partner closely with our Product and Capital Markets teams to design and build the next generation of our industry leading platform, which provides modeling and reporting on a wide variety of complex, multi-faceted capital markets transactions which are critical to unlocking significant scale and revenue for our core point-of-sale installments business. You will also own metrics around Affirm’s ability to adapt to changing funding needs and adherence to our SLAs and agreements with capital partners.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to guide the team to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!What you’ll do
- Lead, mentor, and grow an engineering team responsible for a mission critical part of Affirm’s foundation
- Partner directly with Capital Markets on managing a dynamic pipeline of new and ever-evolving transactions and funding strategies
- Work closely with finance, legal, compliance, and partner engineering teams to solve unique problems which enable Affirm’s growth
- Design and develop robust instrumented services and data pipelines which are capable of handling scale while adhering to strict SLAs
- Design and develop systems which provide our Capital team with flexibility to integrate with any capital partner on-time and at scale
- Automate away complexity and risk
- 4-6+ years of proven experience as a software engineer role with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Prior experience growing and managing a high performing engineering team.
- Fluency in back end development.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Prior experience with financial systems and capital markets is a plus.
- Prior experience with full stack development or building internal tools is a plus.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.