Engineering Manager - DevOps/SRE
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
The engineering manager oversees the SRE team with the primary goals of ensuring the team is delivering quality software, system reliability, scalability, and availability. Key success metrics include system health and availability, ability to scale infrastructure quickly and appropriately, cost to run services, quality and team health.
What your day could consist of:
- Maintain a productive and predictable working environment for the team.
- Work closely with team members to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Define and iterate team process, collaboration, and focuses on overall team velocity with different stakeholders, including product, design, etc.
- Effectively lead and manage team members to include guidance and coaching on career paths for growth, proactive performance management via JIT feedback, 1:1s/quarterly reviews, participation in the selection process for new hires, technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group, including continuous learning and improvement.
- Represent the technology perspective to leadership and aid in the communication between engineers, product managers, leadership, and other stakeholders to include coordinating development projects with other teams and managers, communicating the timeline, scope, risks, and defining the technical roadmap and priorities with stakeholders.
- Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes and developments to ensure team is always striving for best in class work.
What is needed:
- A minimum of three years of experience managing or leading an engineering team. Managing a site reliability or devops team would be ideal.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong proven leadership abilities and decision-making
- Experience in configuration management and infrastructure as code
- Working in a high-growth/scaling technical environment
- Experience in a SaaS development environment is nice to have
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description