Engineering Manager, Diner Mobile & Web at Chowbus
Chowbus is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to oversee our Diner engineering squad. Your team will span mobile, web, backend engineers and will work across multiple platforms to ensure the end to end diner experience is flawless. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading one or more teams of engineers on all aspects of product development. You will work closely with tech anchors and product management, data analytics, business operations and other engineering leaders to build and deliver the roadmap of your teams.
You will have a deep understanding of the people, technologies, and practices of your team, and apply your expertise to planning, prioritization, and execution. You will support the self-development and career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
Executing in a Squad
- Leading high-impact tech initiatives that shape our diner Mobile and Web platforms
- No Surprises
- Own the effectiveness of a cross functional squad consisting of platform and mobile developers and QA.
- Own and continuously refine the processes and communication strategies your team uses to build and support products.
- Manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving feedback.
- Manage expectations and feedback where at the time of the formal performance eval, nobody is surprised by the outcome
- Identify capability gaps in the squad and actively recruit to fill them.
- Facilitate the Work with a Product Owner and Tech Anchor of the Squad ensure that the roadmap is realistic and understood.
What We’d love to see
- You care more about building capability in our people, rather than just focus on executing towards a deadline.
- You’re not afraid to manage expectations up your stakeholders and down to your team.
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in managing and building engineering teams
- You have experience defining the role and scope of a core platform team in a rapidly growing company.
- Extensive experience working on major user-facing products
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Proven expertise in building large-scale web applications and distributed systems
- Strong product intuition and experience working on consumer based applications
- Accomplished technical leader with strong track record of delivering results at high speed and quality PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience leading full stack engineering teams (mobile, web, backend)