Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Merchant Enablement team builds and maintains tooling in Affirm’s Merchant Portal and merchant Self Service onboarding flows. The goal of the team is to reduce complexity of merchant onboarding and augment merchants’ underwriting and monitoring capabilities through high quality tooling and useful, delightful features.
We aim to make merchant onboarding into a turnkey service, and to empower merchants to optimize and manage all aspects of their Affirm integration, enabling them to grow their business through a data centric approach.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering manager to join us to help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of Affirm’s merchant network.
What you'll do
- Manage a team focused on building and scaling merchant tooling and onboarding flows, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations to jointly make decisions necessary to deliver to a high-quality, reliable, robust product and service.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What we look for
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 1+ year as an engineering manager.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.