ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign’s engineering team is growing rapidly and we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests who are heavily involved in the technical details of their team. As managers, our main focus is keeping our teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, collaborative, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
If you have a passion and track record for solving problems, strong leadership skills, and a strong software development background, this is a great fit for you.
What your day could consist of:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineering teams to build software products that improve the lives of our customers
- Create an inclusive and collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, innovation, growth, respect, and transparency
- Collaborate across the engineering department to identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- Conduct one-on-ones and formal reviews to provide every member of the team with bespoke guidance, career-pathing, and continued growth
- Define and defend the team’s technical roadmap and priorities
- Maximize output without losing focus on long term health and happiness, demonstrating the appropriate level of intensity
- Coordinate development timelines and risks across disparate teams and projects
- Work closely with the ActiveCampaign People Team to hire and retain candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Stay informed of best practices and emerging trends to ensure the team is always producing their best work
What is needed:
- Excellent communication skills and relentless customer focus
- 3+ years of leadership experience is preferred
- Relevant experience may be technical leadership or people leadership
- Managing a native mobile development team would be ideal
- Experience in native mobile application development
- Reactive and Clean Architecture experience and opinions are a plus
- A customer-focused mindset and a strong desire to ship correct, quality software
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS company is nice to have
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description