Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.Job Description
Reverb.com is looking for managers who are passionate about developing our next generation of product-focused leaders. We care deeply about encouraging an environment that promotes learning and development, and you’ll play an instrumental role in implementing different tactics, strategies, and practices to grow our engineers as professionals and provide them with the right challenges to keep them engaged and motivated. As a company that values feedback, we are looking for people who excel at both giving and receiving feedback in a way that encourages dialogue and inspires teams to succeed.
To complement your people skills, you’re also confident in your knowledge and understanding of how to ship a phenomenal product. We believe in a team-oriented approach that encourages managers to be actively involved in the product process: effectively leading technical discussions, presenting and evaluating trade-offs, developing empathy with stakeholders, and rolling up your sleeves to get into the details of the code, if the occasion calls for it.
- Foster a culture centered around delivery with a focus on quality.
- Communicate product team’s goals to engineers to ensure everyone is on track and understands the bigger picture initiatives.
- Manage the performance and career growth of team members.
- Set clear expectations for their team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Clear the road for the team by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Ensure that Reverb standard engineering practices are followed or help define practices where there may be a gap.
- Champion communication and trust between teams, peers, product and across the organization.
- Great people leader with a history of building a strong engineering team via hiring, developing, and motivating talent.
- Enthusiastic about Reverb and the products we are building with the ability to instill that excitement in others.
- Ability to breakdown problems and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep expertise in web technologies with experience in coordinating technical design and completing projects with high quality.
- Comfortable operating at leadership level as well as pairing with other developers to understand their technical roadblocks.
- Proven track record of motivating teams towards delivering business results in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience in related domains within e-commerce is highly desirable. Prefer experience in both front (React or similar) and back-end (Ruby/Go/Node) technologies.
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters.