ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 95,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 95,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign’s Product Security Engineering team is growing rapidly and we are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us scale.
The Product Security Engineering team at ActiveCampaign is responsible for building security features within our product and building highly available backend services that enable the success of our platform. Where do you come in? We are looking for a new team member with excellent managerial skills to enable our team in successfully delivery of services that include: Multi Factor Authentication, Single Sign-On, Authentication, Authorization, API Gateway, User Analytics & Alerting.
Our Engineering Managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests who are heavily involved in the technical details of their team. As a manager, the main focus is keeping our teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, collaborative, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
If you have a passion and track record for solving problems; moreover, have strong leadership skills and a strong software development background, this is a great fit for you.
What your day could consist of:
- Lead a team of talented Product Security Engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems
- Maintain rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Contribute to and/or execute on the organization’s vision and standards around security, quality, observability and clean code
- Support legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud and deploy them through CI/CD practices
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, inclusivity, innovation, learning, respect and transparency while holding a high bar for craftsmanship
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve secure architectural engineering of our product
- Share knowledge with team members via a formal mentoring relationship, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks and feedback
- Work closely with the ActiveCampaign People Team to hire high candidates from diverse backgrounds
What is needed:
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience building and deploying scalable applications in the cloud using CI/CD practices in one of the following languages: Java, Python or PHP
- Solid database experience in SQL, NoSQL and event streaming technologies
- Quality first mindset
- Experience solving challenging technical problems with a focus on throughput and fast response time
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and work in an agile environment
- You have a fail fast mentality
- Must be comfortable leading initiatives and presenting to large groups
- You have worked on and/or understand distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.