Enterprise Application Support
What we need
In this role, you will act as a liaison between our client-facing teams and internal development. The purpose of this role is to perform tier I & II technical support. This will require knowing how to diagnose, judge the criticality, and establish the scope of the issue in real-time.
- Deploy and provide application support for industry leading investment management platform running on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Work with the development and systems teams to streamline processes and communication with groups outside of the technology teams.
- Investigate issues and escalate to the proper development teams.
- Learn how the technology behind the system works.
- Assess patterns in support tickets, requests and alerts helping increase efficiencies of training and support.
- Identify and implement areas lacking automation.
- Work with development to forecast severity of issues and throughput for fixing issues across teams.
- Maintain awareness of issue status after handing off to other teams.
- Provide root cause analysis as required internally.
- React to various monitoring and alerting systems.
- Weekend on-call shift on a rotational basis.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Computer Science/Engineering background (preferred)
- Exposure and experience to finance (preferred)
- Comfortable with Linux CentOS and Linux Mint and Bash scripting
- You should be able to understand Java
- Basic Networking (DNS, packet loss, etc)
- Jira/Zendesk/Logs experience
- Ability to work remote during off hours and participate in shift rotations
- Good communication, both verbally and written
- Apache/Tomcat/Web Services experience (preferred)
The Team / Who we are?
We’re a team of technology centric individuals that want to reduce the burden on our clients by providing a homegrown front-to-back platform that streamlines their processes. We’re pretty good at it, and it shows. In 2018, we added 90 new employees globally, 120 new clients, and two new offices. In 2019, we are continuing that growth and working on new tech upgrades. We are also proud to say that the founders still roll up their sleeves and contribute code. Imagine working alongside the founders of a global company on some of our tech initiatives.