Kin + Carta is hiring an Enterprise Architect to join our growing team. The ideal Enterprise Architect at Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about technology, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile or XP development environment, or in a consulting capacity, is a plus. If you have a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind - read on!Responsibilities
- Architect complex cross project/cross platform enterprise solutions based on business requirements
- Consult clients in business process, analysis, design, service delivery and direction, leveraging latest technology trends
- Analyze existing enterprise architecture (including legacy) and be able to develop migration plans to new architectures
- Apply your technical vision and experience with software design patterns to create elegant, scalable, and resilient solution architectures
- Implement controls to ensure your solution will stand tall against real-world conditions
- Obsess over platform security and stability, and designing monitoring to enable your DevOps team to quickly pinpoint and respond to outages and slowdowns
- Being an advocate to clients for CI/CD pipelines, test automation, and containerized deployments
- Navigate complex data footprints, introducing modern data management and integration technologies to improve information velocity and data quality
- Stay ahead of user needs by evaluating usage metrics and solution telemetry
- Get hands-on to solve the hardest problems or evaluate new frameworks
- Operate within our FleXP delivery methodology, which combines the best of Agile Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) to enable you to do your best work
- Be the technical voice for your team, advocating technical direction, and encouraging innovation among your client stakeholders
- Be a servant leader, mentoring engineers, and setting the bar of quality
- Contribute to the evolution of our architecture practice, applying and contributing to development standards and best practices
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead enterprise architecture projects
- Demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
- Proven a clear understanding and practice of computing science fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, algorithm analysis, and data structures
- Deep knowledge of and experience working with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrated ability to drive all technical activities across a project, including validation of core technologies, creation of technical roadmaps architecture diagrams, and solution briefs
- Demonstrated ability to methodically break down a complex solution into consumable technical stories
- Prior experience leading small and medium-sized development teams (6-8 engineers)
- Prior experience leading the design and development of multiple enterprise-grade platforms or products from concept through to production
- Experienced across multiple enterprise-grade technical stacks, and able to evaluate and select the right tech for the job
- Comfortable being the leader, but still enjoys committing code and getting ‘in the weeds’
- Prior knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, or Elastic Search are a bonus
- Prior experience in a technical consulting or product innovation environment is ideal
- Knowledgeable (or highly curious) about working with product and experience experts
- A seasoned technologist at the core, curious and excited about the impact of leveraging technology at scale
- A lifelong learner with a knack for picking up new technologies quickly; able to apply core concepts across different technologies and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline
Kin + Carta exists to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. As a digital transformation consultancy, we help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams, and optimize for continued growth. We apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s most influential companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.