Entry Level Software Engineer at Motorola Solutions (Remote)
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities around the world.We look for the most advanced problems solvers - like you - to help us create technologies that rise to the challenges of our customers. To connect firemen to policemen to emergency responders to nurses to specialists to lives saved. To protect communities, grow businesses and make work safer and more efficient.Motorola Solutions is looking for a self motivated individuals to help drive the next generation public safety experience, and to work with a team of top experienced professionals to enable mission critical services and solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that enabled our customers to communicate with their fleet of mission critical first responders.
Our backend technology stack is built in C# ASP .NET Core, using CosmosDB, Azure Storage, ElasticSearch, Service Bus, and REST. We containerize and deploy with Kubernetes on Azure. You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and definition of the corresponding deployment infrastructure.What you will do:
- Deploy and maintain our mission-critical applications on a cloud-native microservices architecture.
- Implement automation strategies, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Move quickly and intelligently - Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Have on call responsibilities in rotation with other engineering team members
- Networking fundamentals
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Powershell, Bash, Python, etc)
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes)
- Experience working within Azure and it’s managed products
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience with CI/CD fundamentals (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, Azure Pipelines)
- Experience working with automation tooling
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.