FRONT-END DEVELOPER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
As a UI Software Engineer you will contribute to design, development, testing and deployment of web software systems and/or applications.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing Web, API and Client systems.
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years or more of experience with modern UI frameworks and libraries such as TypeScript, React (or Angular/Vue), Redux (or Context API), Jest and Webpack
- Very good communication and presentation skills
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in some of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining intuitive and performant UI.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
- UI middleware and mocking technologies and tools such as Redux-Saga and Mirage JS
- Experience working with API development and testing tools like Swagger and Postman
- Test driven development and behavior driven development using Cucumber.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.