ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for self-motivated front-end engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have experience writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, working with APIs, and building and testing scalable JS applications with React. Above all, we value iteration, customer focus, and humility.
We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
Team Segue is focused on a shared service within the ActiveCampaign product ecosystem that helps customers establish targeted experiences for their customers. This creates unique and personalized marketing experiences for their clients, ultimately helping our customers drive high value from their campaigns, automations, and personalizations. We are focused on scaling ActiveCampaign's current segmentation platform leveraging best in class platforms and technologies, helping to ensure performant products and system longevity.
What your day could consist of:
- Building beautiful, impactful, and purposeful user experiences without sacrificing quality or performance
- Leading modern front end technical design and implementation on projects involving a cross-functional team of design, engineering and product
- Proposing strategies to take existing front end applications built in older paradigms and reimplement them using current best practices
- Designing and developing libraries and frameworks that power our front-end
- Leveraging data to inform decisions and defining metrics to measure the success of new features
- Reviewing other engineers' code and mentoring them on front end best practices and patterns
- Helping define the front-end engineering standards for our organization
What is needed:
- Mid (at least 2 years) to senior level engineering skills in front end frameworks like React, Redux-Sagas, Typescript or other modern JS frameworks used to build scalable web applications
- Mastery of HTML and CSS and experience styling custom and isolated components
- Comfort working in both modern MVC/MVVM and older AMD/Mustache/jQuery environments, and experience with modernizing existing code to use current best practices in front end engineering
- Experience managing dependencies with a framework like npm or yarnFamiliarity with frontend ops AWS (S3, CloudFront) and CI/CDUnderstanding of secure CRUD API development and integration
- Strong UX and Design sensibilities to build accessible and responsive products
- Experience building and debugging complex systems and ability to humanize complicated designs
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience and attention to detail
- Flexibility with changing scopes and priorities; we believe in iteration and work in a fast-paced industry
- Above all we value a positive attitude, self awareness, empathy and a team player with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience working in a full stack capacity is a plus
- Experience working with Java is a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.