Front End Engineer at Packback
Packback (www.packbackbooks.com) is a quickly growing, funded ed-tech startup disrupting a multi-billion dollar textbook industry with some of Chicago’s best behind us as investors, including Mark Cuban (owner Dallas Mavs), Mark Achler (Former SVP Redbox), and Howard Tullman (CEO 1871), among others.
We are 6 months fresh out of a successful public launch, have closed a seed round of funding backed by powerful Chicago investors, and are on the heels of our airing on the ABC hit TV show “Shark Tank”. We’re growing and scaling faster than ever, and are looking for a front-end engineering ally to join us in our office in scenic downtown Chicago, where you'll be developing tools to help the Packback team redefine the college textbook industry.
Front-end Engineer at Packback
You should probably know about…
- Working closely with backend engineers and UX designers
- Semantically marked up HTML
- CSS, including SASS
- Responsive presentation frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- BDD best practices
- Build and automation tools such as Bower, NPM, gulp
- Running a LAMP environment locally
We also like talking to people who enjoy…
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Google Apps & APIs