Our team uses a variety of web technologies, including React, Redux, ImmutableJS and Gulp, to build highly scalable software that is used by more than 25,000 organizations around the world. Companies like Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru, and Edelman rely on our products to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Deliver business value by shipping your first code change with active pairing/mentoring from your teammates.
- Learn how code is deployed to our end users through collaboration with front end developers on your team.
- Have a firm understanding of the team’s roadmap and the team’s Agile processes by having discussions with your team’s product manager.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Independently own and deliver stories with limited peer consultation given user acceptance criteria and visual mockups.
- Adhere to the team’s engineering best practices, such as testing expectations, shared patterns, and documentation.
- Confidently contribute to team planning meetings and estimation.
- Openly communicate with all disciplines of the team, including back-end engineers, QA, product design and product managers, in order to move the team’s work forward.
- Contribute to team processes, such as code review, estimation, and contribution of feedback during retrospectives.
- Fix production bugs by participating in your team’s support rotation.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Independently own and deliver stories without peer consultation given user acceptance criteria and visual mockups.
- Assist with the creation of technical specification documents by pairing with more experienced engineers during project planning.
- Actively collaborate with the team to define requirements for your team’s projects.
- Collaborate effectively with your team’s product manager and QA to ensure that projects are delivered on time and with quality.
- Have knowledge of your team’s target customer base and their most common use cases within the application.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have a track record of owning and delivering small-to-medium features on time, from implementation to testing to final delivery.
- Create a technical specification document for a project with limited complexity.
- Understand trade-offs that exist with engineering solutions, knowing that solutions can favor faster delivery with less strict technical requirements or solutions can favor future technical maintainability with delayed delivery of customer value.
- Contribute to technical initiatives that improve the health of the team’s systems.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!