Front End Software Engineer
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We’re looking for an experienced Font End Software Engineer with a passion for User Experience and expertise needed to execute front end development for our product interfaces. This role reports directly to the Director of Product Experience and will work closely with counterparts on the Engineering team to ensure successful front-end delivery.
We’re looking for a teammate who wakes up each morning thinking about the details – from spacing and layout, to supporting a growing component library and staying under a site performance budget. We need someone who thinks in terms of systems and interactions and knows that the smallest design touches can mean the difference between a good site and a great site.
- Collaboration with designers during composition phase
- Handoff from design compositions to Front End
- Quality Assurance before Back End Development hand-off
- Handoff from Front End to Back End Development
- Creating prototypes for proof of concept to support sales or otherwise
- Anticipating the differences in and coding for supported browsers and device platforms
Qualification & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- 3-5 years of web programming experience
- Knowledgeable in semantic HTML and responsive design
- Proficient in CSS Frameworks like Materialize and Bootstrap, familiar with CSS Preprocessors like Sass
- An impeccable eye for detail with the ability to match your UI to the design in a cross-browser environment
- Consideration of performance, reliability and scalability
- Good with build systems and task runners like Webpack and Gulp
- Awareness of the device and browser landscape
- Empathy for the end user
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving
- Ability to self-manage during projects and proactively raise issues/concerns to the team
- Learn and adapt to new web technology and incorporate into production process
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States