Full Stack Developer
As a full stack Software Development Engineer at FourKites, you will get an opportunity to work on features end to end (backend & frontend) using latest technologies such as Ruby, Ruby On Rails, AngularJS, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc. You will develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by large Enterprise customers across the globe. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or related field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Software Engineering and Web application development.
- Good understanding of software design, MVC architecture, object-oriented principles, and design patterns.
- Experience building RESTful APIs backed by unit tests and QA testing tools
- Strong knowledge of Git (branches, submodules, rebasing) and other Agile tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other cloud services is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Develop new platform features and Backend REST API's following industry-standard best practices for software design, development and testing
- Integrate a test suite of unit, functional and integration tests into new feature development
- Determine areas for platform re-factoring
- Critical issue resolution for emergencies & production issues
- Software development and integration
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.