Full Stack Engineer
About the Role
At Farmer’s Fridge, we are working to make healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our network of smart fridges throughout Chicago and Milwaukee bring fresh food to thousands of customers, and our proprietary technology intelligently stocks and runs our fridges.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will help build the platform that will allow our internal teams to manage the day-to-day operations of our fridges. This includes everything from supply chain management, to delivery and stocking, to routine maintenance. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. This role will provide you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and solve fascinating problems in our operations.
In a typical week, you will...
- Work cross-functionally to identify issues and potential improvements to operational workflows
- Release code across the full stack
- Develop and extend IoT Fridge configuration platform
- Deliver quality software using agile and iterative development
- Help teammates by performing code reviews
- Help out menu development team by tasting new recipes
- 2+ years of software engineering experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing, building and supporting green field projects.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Java
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects.
- Desire to solve complex problems elegantly and efficiently
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and continuous desire to improve
- Clear and effective communicator
- Passion for making healthy food accessible to all
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience
About Farmer’s Fridge:
At Farmer’s Fridge, we’re committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you’re passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: