Full Stack Engineer at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will help build the platform that will allow our internal teams to manage the day-to-day operations of our fridges. This includes everything from supply chain management, to delivery and stocking, to routine maintenance. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. This role will provide you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and solve fascinating problems in our operations.
In a typical week, The Full Stack Engineer will...
- Work cross-functionally to identify issues and potential improvements to operational workflows
- Release code across the full stack
- Develop and extend IoT Fridge configuration platform
- Deliver quality software using agile and iterative development
- Help teammates by performing code reviews
- Help out menu development team by tasting new recipes
In a Full Stack Engineer, we're looking for:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing, building and supporting green field projects.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Java
- Experience building apps with an API backend
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects.
- Desire to solve complex problems elegantly and efficiently
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and continuous desire to improve
- Clear and effective communicator
- Passion for making healthy food accessible to all
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures