Full Stack / Shopify Developer
Codal is a user experience design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele has ranged from small business to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for a highly skilled software engineer to develop the front- and back-ends of retail websites, primarily with the eCommerce platform Shopify. With veritable experience in both Shopify and broader, full-stack development, our ideal candidate will craft online stores with custom code and template modifications, integrate and configure third party applications, and perform stringent QA before launching.
- Understanding project requirements with minimal assistance
- Researching, customizing, and implementing third-party add-ons, plugins, and other integrations
- Acting as Codal’s resident Shopify expert, specializing in all facets of the eCommerce platform
- Collaborating with the UX and UI design teams to produce seamless, robust, and innovative front-end user experiences
- Generating custom-tailored Shopify themes, and altering pre-existing templates
- Working closely with project managers to address client requests
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, and be able to address their specific needs and requirements at a moment’s notice
- Understanding business needs that drive project features & functions and provide internal consultation
Requirements / Must Haves
- 3+ years of verifiable experience developing full stack solutions
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Programming, or a similar field
- 2+ years of experience developing within the Shopify and Shopify Plus platforms
- Superb troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Interest in staying current and applying the most current best practices
- Able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Has a true passion for design and technology
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Positive attitude, high energy, and love for broadening web development skill set
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.