Popular Pays is a platform where brands can collaborate with creators and influencers to create content for modern channels and reach people in an authentic, effective, and affordable way.
Our primary product is a tech platform that streamlines the traditional content creation process providing marketers with access to a creative community in the cloud and the necessary tools to be successful in today’s modern social marketing landscape.
Pop Pays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Coca Cola, Hyatt, General Mills, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Amazon, Samsung, Corona, and hundreds more. Our company has raised over $13m in venture capital and is poised for growth, coming off our best sales year ever despite the pandemic and disruptions of 2020. We are the only creator network who is an official creative partner across all of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our team. In this role you will help build our applications using primarily Ruby on Rails and Ember.js. We ask that applicants have experience in at least one of the two frameworks. This is a fully remote position.
We’re looking for folks with 2+ years of professional experience to help us build out our SaaS Influencer/Creator product for Brands.
- You are a smart and engaging person who cares about solving business problems and can help our team keep a robust and sustainable pace.
- You take pride in your work, but don’t attach your ego to it.
- You like working closely with others and thrive in a team setting.
- You have the confidence to express your opinions, but the humility to learn from your experience and listen to others.
- You have a positive attitude and are interested in challenging and growing yourself as a part of a great team.
- You have interest in influencer marketing, content creation or marketing technology.
- You are able to clearly communicate ideas and direction.
Had you been with us in the last few months, you would have:
- Collaborated with teammates to figure out the best way to tackle a user story for one of our projects.
- Reviewed code from your teammates for correctness, quality, and readability.
- Had your code reviewed by your teammates for correctness, quality, and readability.
- Deployed code to production upon merge.
- Attended a retrospective and brainstormed solutions to problems in our development process and then worked with the team to implement them.
- Paired with your teammates to figure out the best way to tackle a user story or debug an issue.
- Flexed your development and creativity skills pursuing an idea of your own during our 10% time.
Need To Have:
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails or Ember.js
- SQL database experience (postgresql, mysql, or similar)
- Experience in automated testing and error monitoring.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders.
Nice To Have:
- Cloud experience with AWS or Heroku
- Experience building queries in Elasticsearch
- Backend JS experience with Node.js
- iOS experience building applications with Swift
- Experience using web crawlers and web page scraping
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs and Oauth
- Built sites using WordPress
Why You Should Work Here
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- Commute from your bedroom to your office - 100% remote
- Equity in a growing startup
- Subsidized health care
- Paid parental leave
- Company 401(k)
- An 8 week sabbatical after 5 years
Flexible work from home options available.