Full Stack Web Developer at Punchkick Interactive
Want to build apps for the world’s biggest companies? At Punchkick Interactive, we transform our clients into leaders of the mobile space. We do everything—from strategy, to design, to development—in-house in a highly collaborative atmosphere. We’re looking for experienced web developers who want to join our team and help us build beautiful, easy-to-use, cutting-edge websites and web apps.
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and incredibly authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—all within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick Interactive has an unmistakable culture of excellence and we seek out folks who feel alive and thrive in this type of environment.
Punchkick has doubled in size each of the last three years, landed on the Inc. 5000, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Full Stack Web Developer position requires an energetic and proactive generalist who will work as a key team member alongside other application developers and support staff. We want a decisive individual who possesses the skill set to manage multiple initiatives, spanning new software development projects as well as application maintenance and support.
- Minimum of 3 years development experience with both frontend and server-side web development.
- Experience writing clean, structured, CSS using preprocessors like Sass or Less.
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and ability to write performant queries using SQL.
- Working knowledge of software design patterns, experience writing automated tests.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience using automated build tools such as Webpack, continuous integration/deployment.
- Skill in working with clients, explaining complex requirements and concerns to a variety of different audiences.
- Background in mobile app development.
- General knowledge of a lot of different web development frameworks and tools and the ability to weigh the pros and cons of each for a given problem.
- Experience with Linux-based web servers.
- Leading architecture and development of web applications.
- Coordinating with strategy, internal and external stakeholders, and design during various project stages.
- Being a core contributor to codebases across many projects and clients.
- Working with cross-platform (native) team members to coordinate, and in some cases drive, feature functionality and implementation.
- Promote good team practices, such as regular code review and pair programming.
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches.