What We Do:
tastytrade, Inc. and its subsidiary tastyworks, Inc. is a Financial Services Company which focuses on supporting self-directed investors and the active trader community. tastytrade produces a wealth of freely available on-line video content that viewers use to bootstrap and inform their investment strategies and decisions. tastyworks is an innovative consumer-facing Brokerage that builds tools for the self-directed investor and active trader to manage their portfolios.
We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic and who truly enjoy building and engineering large, highly-available and performant systems without a lot of management overhead.
We are hiring experienced Full-stack developers (3+ years experience).
- Develop Software and Systems across multiple languages and frameworks.
- Server-side: C++, Java, Ruby (microservices), Elixir/Phoenix.
- Front-end: JavaFX, Swift/Objective-C, Java/Android, EmberJS or other Modern JS framework.
- Infrastructure: Chef, Terraform (occasionally as needed).
- Develop Front-end and Back-end Systems, APIs and Processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to think appropriately through solutions for different layers of the enterprise.
- Develop clean integration points between front and back-end layers.
- Develop well covered and appropriate tests (Unit, Integration, etc.) as needed.
- Work easily and efficiently within a small, productive development team, without constant supervision.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other demanding engineering degree
- Three years of professional experience for a non-entry/Jr. level position. You will be required to demonstrate your experience and problem solving skills.
- Strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of at least one of our core languages and frameworks
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as required
- Good communication skills, Organizational skills, Documentation skills and Interpersonal skills
We are an entrepreneurial, flat organization which values transparency, productivity and the ability to self-manage our work and business.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex. Nothing in our job postings or descriptions should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.