FullStack Software Engineer at NielsenIQ
FullStack Software Engineer - Needham, MA
Our NielsenIQ Technology teams are working on our new Connected platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on NielsenIQ data and insights to innovate and grow.
If you eat, sleep and breathe technology – as we do – and you want to work in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, learn and play, then this is the right place for you. Join a small, close-knit team of fun-loving, brilliant, and talented engineers who share a passion for collaboration and developing great technology.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and prototyping cutting-edge technologies.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to new single-page web applications
- Develop and maintain key system features
- Develop features and maintain existing products with help from development leads
- Be part of a collaborative team that will lead projects from beginning to end– from working with product management to gather requirements to brainstorming solutions, building the final applications and testing
We’re looking for people who have
- 3 to 5 years of software development experience using Java or Groovy
- Comfortable working in a team of highly qualified, technical, and motivated employees
- Thrives in a dynamic, growing business where new challenges are the order of the day and necessity is the mother of invention
- Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set us apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance
- Does not reinvent the wheel once something works and figures out how to scale processes and practices that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Effective at verbal and written communication – can translate complex ideas simply
- Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm, and can drive decision-making
- Experience in Ember/Angular, Grails/Spring boot, Git, and RDBMS is nice to have
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.