Global Systems Engineering Director at Cisco Meraki (Chicago, IL)
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry?Who We Are
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us! By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission! As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.What You Will Do
The Meraki Systems Engineering Director for Global Inside, will lead and mentor a team of approximately 50 Systems Engineers and SE Managers driving the technical go-to-market for a multi-billion dollar business. Be accountable for executing on regional sales goals by driving sales engineering programs and providing technical direction and executive mentorship to the Systems Engineering team.
- Hire, mentor, and develop high-performing SE leaders to deliver against our sales goals and build strong internal and external relationships in service of outstanding customer experience and continued rapid growth
- Keep our SE culture alive and reinforce behaviors that support continued growth
- Drive the strategy and executive relationship for top accounts and deals globally
- Bring together all Meraki cross-functional teams across the global virtual business with similar culture and shared vision
- Work collaboratively to establish inside strategy and priorities, and ensure all teams are working together to enhance results. Communicate progress clearly and regularly
- Be the executive sponsor in establishing strong working relationships with Cisco leaders, ensuring Meraki is appropriately prioritized, gaining support for marketing and channel investments, and optimizing our joint GTM approach to drive growth
- Work closely with regional Theater Sales and Systems Engineering leaders to build alignment between field, inside, and channel leadership and individual contributors to contribute to better mentorship and career development opportunities for the team
- Use metrics and data to continually assess both sales performance and talent performance/retention to fully understand underlying drivers and adjust course as necessary
- Candid, communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures
- Disagree, Decide, and Commit, listen to understand different opinions and allow them to influence the direction
- Results Driven, resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships
- Trustworthy, commit to earning our team’s trust every day through your actions and transparency
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 7+ years related technical sales industry experience. Experience in leading teams, people, operations, program management or strategy development a plus
- Intimate understanding of the pre-sales engineering process and related sales motions
- Experience working in large, complex organizations (including matrix organizations)
- Experience working across culturally diverse teams
- Strong analytical skills, strong collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Validated sales leadership ability in motivating teams, overachieving targets, and successfully winning large-complex deals
- Conversant in IT strategy, design, planning, and execution principles
- Outstanding communication skills, both in presenting to customers and stakeholders, but also in reducing complex technical ideas to simple language and rigorously prioritizing what and how to communicate across the organization to achieve results
- Shown organizational and project management capabilities with the ability to run multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines
- 50% travel required
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.