Information Security and Compliance Specialist at Evive
Information Security and Compliance Specialist
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 11 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for an assiduous Information Security and Compliance Specialist. Is it you?
You never underestimate the importance of responsibility. A hard worker who takes their job seriously, you have the utmost confidence in showing people why security matters and how to alleviate risks. What may seem complex to others makes perfect sense to you, and translating that information appropriately is in your nature. You stay up to date on the latest security intelligence and compliance trends and are comfortable sharing key findings with your team. Finally, you know when to take initiative to make sure processes and procedures are being followed.
Here’s what an Information Security and Compliance Specialist does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Write, edit, and maintain security policies and procedures under supervision of the Chief Security Officer.
- Lead or assist in third-party audits from clients and independent auditors by managing schedule, priorities, risks, resources, evidences, and questionnaire responses.
- Create weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly compliance reports to increase degree of compliance to established policies, and to reduce the company’s risk exposures.
- Periodically conduct internal audits on security processes and control effectiveness using establish assessment frameworks, and develop executive summaries of the findings.
- Create and respond to information security incident reports, based on internal and external indicators of compromise or threat, under the guidance of the Chief Security Officer or other security team members.
- Monitor dashboard of information security threats and events, and follow up with proper actions.
- Assist in inventory management of all company-owned devices, including documentation of ownership, transfer, and destruction of devices securely.
- Monitor latest trends in information security + compliance and communicate findings to employees, under the guidance of the VP of Information Security.
- Build, maintain, and conduct trainings with staff to ensure education, compliance, and general awareness regarding IT security and how to mitigate risks.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Healthcare, Paralegal, Communication, or related technical field.
- Experience writing, building, and evaluating policies, processes, and procedures.
- Effective communication skills, especially in the capacity to train and present to others.
- Prior experience with information security policies, procedures, or incident handling is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in service industries, such as healthcare or financial services, is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience working with any of the compliance tasks included in HIPAA compliance, GDPR, SOC1, SOC2, HITRUST CSF, PCI DSS, or ISO 27001-13 is preferred, but not required
- Relevant certificates, such as CISSP Associate, CISM, or CIPP are preferred, but not required. Qualified candidates will receive support to pursue such certifications.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office with casual attire
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, organic fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid time off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid sick time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- ...and we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.