Information Security Specialist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWe operate the award-winning School of Cybersecurity and the Cyber Certified Experts (CCE) program. We pride ourselves that our education and certification programs are supported by full-time professionals defending organizations and systems in the field. This means that training and certification are practical and supported by real-life experience. Members of our team have the opportunity to teach courses, develop course material, as well as materials for certification programs. As an employee, you will have the opportunity to expand your proficiency by building the proficiency of other cyber professionals.
- Possesses understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework and supporting legislation such as the Federal Information System Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA).
- Possesses an understanding of Security Operations solutions, including but not limited to Tenable Security Center, Nessus, Trustwave DB Protect, and Splunk. Analyzes reports generated on variable frequency from a variety of security solutions to provide timely risk reporting to management.
- The candidate is able to build queries, alerts, reports and dashboards with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions such as Splunk.
- Displays the ability to collaborate with team members (technical and non-technical) to ensure issues are addressed and relevant technical risk information is collected.
- Correlates security and log information to identify any irregularities or risks with credentialing and system configurations. Make recommendations on remedial actions to address any identified weaknesses from implemented SIEM solutions and supporting vulnerability scanning tools.
- Ensures internal controls related to information risk management are effective and drives the implementation of new controls.
- The candidate must demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of information risk management best practices and a thorough understanding of control and risk management concepts.
- The candidate would be recognized as the information risk point of contact and subject matter expert within the assigned business/business partner areas.
- Contributes to the development and sustention of a risk-aware culture and mindset among employees, contractors and service providers.
- Addresses risk-awareness issues with contractors to ensure they reach an appropriate level of awareness of security issues and their responsibilities. Enforces and communicates risk related policies, practices and guidelines.
- Leads or co-leads the execution and delivery of business information risk management initiatives specific to a business/business partner area.
- Contributes to reducing the likelihood of negative reputational and regulatory due to non-compliance with the Bank's information risk management policies and standards, including local procedures specific to the assigned business/business partner areas.
- Individual must possess the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Responsibilities are primarily limited to assigned business/business partner areas. However, tasks may produce cross-regional impacts.
- Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in information risk preferred. Experience in financial services is preferred.
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification preferred.
- Experience with Security Operations tools Tenable Security Center, Nessus, Trustwave DB Protect, and Splunk.
- Ability to generate and present technical details to management
- Experience and deep knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.