Integration Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Unified Communications team has a mission to become the leader in creating a highly scalable software platform and communication applications for Federal, State, Local, first responders and industrial work-groups. Our customers rely on these solutions to run their critical business operations in the Federal, Public safety, manufacturing, and infrastructure sectors. Every single day, we are shaping the future of mobile workgroup solutions for public safety and industrial users worldwide leveraging Motorola’s rich heritage in this space. Our solutions include broadband Push to Talk (PTT), multimedia messaging, location based collaboration, video streaming with full interoperability with land mobile radio (LMR) systems. The products include client apps on Android, iOS, and Windows. Our backend software can be deployed On-Premise, in private data centers, or in a public cloud infrastructure.
The Integration Engineer will provide hands on expertise to plan, deploy, and integrate the Wave Tactical (W5K) and associated applications. This includes IT configuration planning, Transport, LMR, and Portal access system interfaces and execution of Acceptance Test Plans. Post launch responsibilities include testing and integration of future releases and providing technical support to customers for necessary resolutions. A major focus will be requirements gathering, IP plan collaboration, and market readiness prior to deployment. Designs may include both Motorola and third party products. The candidate shall be able to demonstrate excellent abilities to ascertain requirements, craft a solution, and communicate the solution to the project team and customer. The candidate will be required to travel and interface with Customer Representatives, Project Managers, Engineering Managers, and Motorola product groups to effectively complete design and deployment activities.
- Bachelor of Science Requirements: Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering OR equivalent technical discipline.
- Experience in Testing new release & features, telecom application performance and deployment.
- Experience with KVM, Docker, Openstack, Linux, Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Red Hat, Active Directory, Network Policy, and Powershell.
- Experience with Container Orchestration and Azure Container Instances a plus.
- Experience with LMR Communication Solutions (Astro P25, Tetra, etc.) is required.
- IT certification (Cisco, Juniper, or Extreme) is preferred.
- Working Knowledge of routing and switching protocols and network security standards.
- Knowledge of wireless and wire-line communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration project management.
- Strong analytical skills, proven functional and technical analysis skills, professional client (customer) interaction.
- Ability to understand and articulate details associated with existing customer networks and create customer specific procedures to integrate Applications and associated IT equipment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering OR equivalent technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.