Integrations Development Manager
At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago, Conshohocken, PA, New York, and Krakow, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Integration Development Lead at ShopRunner, you’ll manage the Integrations Development team, which is responsible for maintaining our retailer network, integrating new retailers into the network, installing our enterprise product suite into retailers, and ensuring that our retailer -facing solutions continue to create value for both Shoprunner and our retailer partners.
As the leader of the team, you’ll be responsible for managing the day-to-day, helping these budding engineers grow their skills, and identify new tooling, process improvements, and product improvements that help the ShopRunner network grow and scale with less friction.
The right candidate will have a passion for mentorship, loves to learn and teach, an eye for undeveloped talent, attention to detail, and great communication skills. This candidate will love to script out new solutions, automate, and teach others how to do the same.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage an engineering team practicing Agile software development.
- Own the backlog, grooming and all of the day-to-day management of our Integration scrum team
- Develop a cross-functional strategy to continuously improve how we install and maintain technology solutions for our retailer partners
- Launch new products and features to help scale our integrations and business operations, and ensure adoption by working closely with the Partner Success team, Integration Managers, and directly with retailers as needed
- Build scripts and tools to analyze, measure, and display data to know how the system should be improved
- Hire and mentor engineers and identify growth milestones
- Teach more junior engineers how to improve, manage their careers, and learn new technology
- Develop frameworks and create dashboards/reports to evaluate and measure our retailer’s integration quality
- Identify and prioritize product opportunities and improvements in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Effectively track and share progress
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience as a software engineer in a development team.
- Strong technical skills:
- Experience authoring code and working with APIs
- Strong troubleshooting skills, particularly with browser concepts like HTTP, cookies, and caching
- Ability to work with databases -- writing queries, creating new data structures
- Experience growing, mentoring, and motivating team members.
- Experience working in various forms of agile software development in order to guide an engineering team’s agile practice
- Detail Orientation. You sweat the small stuff. You’re extremely organized and accountable for tracking and delivering results.
- Good Communicator. You can distill complex information/data into actionable insights for diverse audiences. You are adept at communicating technical ideas to non-technical people and effortlessly translate business problems into technical solutions.
- Bias for Action. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen.
- Enthusiasm. You are excited about working in a startup environment but are unfazed by the ambiguity and dynamic culture that come with it
- Experience being a leader on an agile software engineering team is a plus.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms and ecommerce technology a plus.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.