iOS Software Engineer, Lead at OneMain Financial
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
We're expanding our team and looking for an iOS Engineering Lead.
You will get the opportunity to help build a team and lead them in the planning, designing, and developing our iOS app. The ideal candidate understands how to balance perfection and pragmatism, integrating with and leveraging our existing systems as you help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
You’ll contribute to the success of the team not only as an individual contributor but also as a technical leader, ensuring we deliver sound features at the leading edge of digital lending at a consistent pace.
What you will do:
- Break down projects into reasonable MVPs, estimate, and plan work.
- Help maintain a sustainable engineering platform while also shipping features at a steady clip.
- Ensure our production applications are stable and operating as expected.
- Mentor engineers to improve their technical and collaborative skills.
- Identify and address bottlenecks early.
- Contribute to our strategic technology planning.
- Assist with flushing out, prioritizing, driving, and successfully delivering on our product roadmap.
- Design and develop new features for our apps as an individual contributor.
Skills and Experience you will bring:
- At least 1 year of leading or supervising an engineering team in an agile environment using Scrum
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with Swift
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with iOS
- Able to operate independently in unknown territory
- Strong product intuition and experience working on consumer-based applications
- Track record of having delivered results as a leader and an individual contributor at high speed and quality
- Organize and prioritize work to maximize team productivity
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Professional experience working with Kotlin and/or Android is a plus
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
Who we are:
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.