Java Software Engineer - Core Java, Cloud at JPMorgan Chase (Chicago, IL)
The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as an expert developer. This position is for a Java Developer to join an Agile team. The application will be designed as a suite of Restful, micro-services that will be deployed on cloud. Leverage a high level of test automation and deployment automation to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery.
The team is a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end, full stack development of the application. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture discipline
- Excellent Core Java (version 8) with knowledge of Java 1.8 features
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
- Cloud foundry or Amazon AWS experience
- Spring Boot
- RESTful microservices
- No-SQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
- Log Management with Splunk or ELK
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience working with a Distributed Cache (Gemfire, Hazel, Memcache)
- Multi-threaded Programming and Transaction Handling (JMS, Database)
- Source code control software (e.g. Git, subversion),
- Google Protocol buffers or similar binary message transport
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance platforms which have low error rates
- Some RDBMS experience exposure
Nice to have:
- Experience with Micro Services, Service Orientated Architectures
- UNIX shell scripting
- Cucumber,Selenium, Jenkins
- Functional Programming Languages such as Groovy
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.